Below are a collection of resources to provide Mental, Emotional, Physical, and Community Support
If you have any additional resources that you would like for us to add to the list, please email us at email@example.com.
Mental Health Resources
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) National Help Center, founded in 1996, is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization that provides vital peer-support, community connections and resource information to people with questions regarding sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
- The Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Counseling delivers educational and support resources for LGBTQ individuals, as well as promoting competency on LGBTQ issues for counseling professionals. Become a Member of ALGBTIC to receive access to all resources in order to improve your competence with LGBTGEQIAP+ clients.
- The Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists offers numerous resources for LGBT individuals experiencing mental health conditions and psychiatric professionals with LGBT clients
- The National Center for Transgender Equality offers resources for transgender individuals, including information on the right to access health care
- The Trevor Project is a support network for LGBTQ youth providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention, including a 24-hour text line (Text “START” to 678678)
- The LGBT National Help Center offers confidential peer support connections for LGBT youth, adults and seniors including phone, text and online chat
- The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association’s Provider Directory is a search tool that can locate a LGBTQ-inclusive health care provider
- National Alliance on Mental Illness | This page focuses on how mental health affects the African American community so that you know how to find help.
- Black Mental Health Alliance | BMHA serves the community and organizations throughout the area by providing workshops and forums covering a range of topics and subjects. [They] also offer the community an opportunity to connect with culturally-competent and patient-centered licensed mental health clinicians through our expansive referral database.
- A Fight Worth Finishing | Written by mental health advocate and self-help book author Jasmin Pierre, this book is based on her experiences with major depressive disorder and suicide, This two-part series is written to encourage others to never give up, no matter the adversity and to always keep fighting till the finish.
- A Growing List Of Black Mental Health Resources | The list is curated by Ebony Magazine honoring #WorldMentalHealthDay, that lists a number of Black-owned and focused mental health resources.
- McSilver Institute for Policy and Poverty Research | The Center is committed to creating new knowledge about the root causes of poverty, developing evidence-based interventions to address its consequences, and rapidly translating research findings into action through policy and practice.
Addiction & Recovery Resources
- LGBTQ People & Addiction | SAMHSA found that adults who identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual have higher rates of substance use and mental illness than heterosexual adults. The survey results also indicated that these members of the LGBTQ+ community are more likely than heterosexuals to seek treatment for substance use disorders and mental health conditions.
- TLC (Transitional Living Communities) | TLC is a non-profit whose mission is to help addicts and alcoholics rebuild their lives. Our main focus is helping those who are looking for help, who may not have any money or resources. We offer a large network of sober living half-way houses as well as our Pride house, with a full program of recovery.
- Taking Care of Your Emotional Health
- EFT with Maryam Hasnaa for shock, panic, fear of the unknown, worry, anxiety, stress (12 Minutes)
- 10 Minute Meditation for Harmony and Relaxation with Koya Webb
LGBTQ+ Youth Resources
- GLBT National Youth Talkline
- Time Out Youth Center’s Resources
- Resources for LGBTQ Students
- Gender Spectrum
- The Trevor Hotline
- LGBTQ+ Youth Resources: Bridging the Digital Divide
- How to Meditate | Meditation for Beginners with Koya Webb (8 Minutes)
- Boost Your Immune System with Breath Work + Meditation and Balancing Your Energy Centers with Koya Webb (24 Minutes)
- Compassion Meditation — How To Love Yourself & Others with Sah D’Simone (20 Minutes)
Fitness & Yoga
- 30-Minute No Equipment Cardio Workout by Taylor Walker
- 30-Minute Old-School Hip Hop Grooves Workout by Luckie and Deja Riley
- 30-Minute Workout (Abs & Back) led by Erica Jasmine Moon
- 20 Minute Afrobeats Fat-Burning Dance Workout by Afrifitness
- Active Chair Yoga Flow with Dianne Bondy (11 Minutes)
- De-Stress Yoga Practice I Yoga with Faith Hunter (14 Minutes)
- Yoga Power Flow to Stoke Your Inner Fire with Dianne Bondy (18 Minutes)
- “Inside Out Glow” — Intermediate Yoga with Koya Webb (30 Minutes)
- 30-Minute Yoga Sequence for Total Beginners with Jessamyn Stanley
- Funders for LGBTQ Issues (includes list of community funds for LGBTQ groups)
- The National Housing Law Project, and students at Columbia and the University of Pennsylvania have created the following list of state-by-state list of eviction moratoriums that have been enacted by states
- Transgender Law Center | Transgender Law Center (TLC) is the largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people. Grounded in legal expertise and committed to racial justice, TLC employs a variety of community-driven strategies to keep transgender and gender nonconforming people alive, thriving, and fighting for liberation.
- Lambda Legal | If you are seeking assistance with a legal matter involving sexual orientation, gender identity or HIV, please call the Lambda Legal office in your region and ask for the Legal Help Desk, or visit their website.
- Stronger Together: A Guide to Supporting LGBT Asylum Seekers | A report which provides crucial advice and guidance to service providers working with LGBT asylum seekers coming to the United States in search of better, safer lives.
- LGBTQ+ Workplace Resource Guide | From finding inclusive companies, getting comfortable with the interview process, to coming out at work, here is a resource guide to help you navigate the corporate landscape as a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
National Center for Lesbian Rights
Transgender Law Center
(415) 296-2029 (Español)
Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund
GLBT Legal Advocates and Defenders (New England)
Whitman-Walker Health Legal Services (Washington D.C.)
Anti-Violence Project (New York City, NY)
Sylvia Rivera Law Project (New York City, NY)
LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York (New York State and New Jersey)
Mazzoni Center Legal Services (Pennsylvania)
Los Angeles LGBT Center – General (Los Angeles, CA)
Los Angeles LGBT Center – Domestic Violence Legal Advocacy Project (Los Angeles, CA)
Masterlist: Support Hotlines