Organizational Support Assistant Position Description
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance to the Co-Directors, service population and program staff.
- Take clear and concise notes of meetings and conversations.
- Tasks and assignments may change as the organizational initiatives grow and change.
- Provide support for the Board of Directors.
- Make regular bank deposits.
Required Skills, Competencies, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an administrative or program assistant in a busy non-profit or foundation or equivalent
- Ability to think quickly, creatively, and independently.
- Must take initiative and be able to work with varying levels of direction.
- Must be highly adaptable to changing situations and levels of supervision.
- Must be personally organized and detail-oriented with the ability to help others be the same.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent professional and interpersonal oral, written, and collaborative communication skills (with a good command of the English language).
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with all individual and program information.
- Ability to act and react to all situations in a calm and positive way.
- Experience in efficiently solving conflicts and problems with grace and tact.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Understanding and/or experience with grassroots social justice movements is helpful, but not required
- Familiarity working with financial processes and procedures (paying consultants, processing reimbursements, etc.)
The OSA is a part-time position with an expected workload of 20 hours each week and the potential to become a full-time employee in the future.
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $12-18/hour based on experience.
Additional Compensation: The OSA will receive seven flexible holidays and ten additional days for vacation/personal/medical leave after 60-day probationary period ends.
Please send a cover letter, resume, three references, and your answers to the questions below to info@FCSJ.org with “Your Full Name-OSA Position” in the subject line of the email. No calls, please.
Please respond to each of the questions below in 300 words or less.
- What values and/or beliefs drive your daily work? How are they demonstrated in your work?
- Who inspires you (in work and/or daily life)? How do they inspire you? How do you incorporate this inspiration into your work? What impacts do you see as a result?
This employer is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and access to all potential candidates. As such, they do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.